Resources and Support Provided to Participating Institutions
“Though there are many congregants in our community who care deeply about environmental stewardship and who engage in this work professionally, the Greenfaith Certification Program has provided us with the impetus and structure to launch an ambitious and multifaceted greening initiative. We are tailoring the process to meet the needs of our congregation and community, while at the same time pushing ourselves to reach beyond what we might have done without the resources Greenfaith provides.”
Rachel Jacoby Rosenfield
Green Team Leader, CSAIR
GreenFaith understands that houses of worship not only need a roadmap for religious-environmental engagement, but also a helping hand along that road. The Certification Program fits this need by providing participating institutions access to unparalleled resources and support services, including:
- Over 200 catalogued resources housed in a password-protected website. These resources have been reviewed and compiled by GreenFaith staff, to provide you with the best support available. This is unique to the Certification Program--no other religious-environmental program offers such a comprehensive database of resources.
- 6 free Webinars —teleconferences combined with an on-line slideshow, to teach you about Program topics. Webinars include: Getting Started; Biblical and Theological Foundations; Religious-Environmental Education & Worship; Green Facility Management; Environmental Justice and Sharing our Stories.
- A community where Program participants can pose questions and share strategies with others.
- An E-mail help desk with support from GreenFaith’s staff and mentors.
- Telephone support from GreenFaith’s office.