Presentation Materials from Ground for Hope Philadelphia
These are the materials from the presentations given at Ground for Hope Philadelphia
Ground for Hope-Philadelphia was a great success! Thanks to those of you who joined us. This page includes the PowerPoint presentations and handouts that were highlighted in each of the workshops, as well as the worship service bulletins and other resources that were used throughout the two days.
You are welcome to use and publicize this material widely; however, please do reference GreenFaith and the GreenFaith website, and/or the organization/company that created the material. Many thanks!
Sunday April 10th
- Green Worship: Integrating Creation into Liturgy PowerPoint--given by Rev. Fletcher Harper of GreenFaith
- Multi-faith Worship Service Bulletin--coordinated by the students at the Lutheran School of Theology of Philadelphia
- Religious-environmental Education for Children and Teens PowerPoint--given by Stacey Kennealy of GreenFaith and Rabbi Kevin Kleinman, GreenFaith Fellow
- Teaching and Preaching on the Bible and the Earth PowerPoint--given by Rev. Fletcher Harper of GreenFaith
- Introducing Environmental Advocacy to Congregations--given by Joy Bergey and Marissa Harris of PennFuture. Handout describing tips for legislative meetings and handout with tips for writing letters to the editor.
- Saving Money for your Congregation by Making your Building More Energy Efficient--given by Erin Johnson and Sara Steele of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Handout offering resources for Philadelphia-area congregations.
Monday April 11th
- Multi-Faith Worship Service Bulletin ---coordinated by students at the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College of Philadelphia
- Energy Conservation for Households PowerPoint and Handout--given by Kate Ryan of Energy Coordinating Agency
- A Whirlwind Tour Through the Bible and the Environment PowerPoint--given by Rev. Fletcher Harper of GreenFaith
- Success in Green Facility Management--PowerPoint by Stacey Kennealy of GreenFaith, PowerPoint by Neil Young of Re:Vision Architecture, PowerPoint by Carol Fisher from M'kor Shalom Synagogue
- Hydro-fracking--What is it? Why be Concerned? What Can Religious Groups Do?--PowerPoint given by Tanya Dierolf of PennFuture
- Haggadah used During the Interfaith Freedom Seder for the Earth